Thursday, February 7, 2008

New Friends


Apparently, people can do a search and find blogs.
Well, to all my new friends I say hello, and welcome to my little corner of the world.
Since people are reading this who do not know me, I guess I should introduce myself and tell you a little bit about me.

I am obviously in the Army and have been for 19 years.
I am a OH58D helicopter pilot. (It is the small helicopter that has a large ball on the top). Our job is to look for the bad guys.
We are in Afghanistan, in the same location as the 173rd ABN. As a former Paratrooper of the 82nd ABN DIV I love working for them.
This is only the second time that the 58D has been here, and I am fortunate enough to have been here with the first unit, and now again with the 101st. ABN DIV.
I am married to the woman of my dreams, (Love you Tan) and have 2 boys. 2 yrs and 10 months

So, imagine my suprise when I looked on here and saw 5 posts in responce to my last post. Then to see that I didn't know anyone. Well, I hope that with this, you know a little bit about me, and what we do. Over the next year I will be sharing with you (I guess anyone) my experiences here in Afghanistan. Oh by the way. I love this country, and the people so it will have a slight slant in that reguard.
More than that, I have a deep seated belief in what we are doing here, and have seen first hand the progress that has been made in the lives of the Afghan people.
So enjoy my ramblings.....

5 comments:

ParachuteCutie said...

It is so good to have a new blogger from Afghanistan! Thank you for taking the time to keep us informed.

No need to "explain" your intent to blog because you love this nation and what you are doing. I'm looking forward to that!

Men like you and families like yours are a cherished part of this nation. We owe you more than we can ever give in return for all you sacrifice each day.

Humbled Infidel said...

I'm glad to know that you have a love for the peoples of Afghanistan. That's what makes your work a noble one.

Thank you for sharing with us in your blog, so we too can appreciate and love the Afghani's.

Again, thank you for your service and as Leta said, "your family too!"

Keystone said...

Thanks for your service! My son is over there too. Keep your spirits up and your head down.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you would like a care package or some letters from home. We will do our best to get what you need to you as quickly as possible.

keystonesoldiers.com is where you will find information on how we support our troops.

~Lordzmom Kyle

Corporate Bush said...

Wow! You're a star brother. Mel and I just got an Xbox for free. Its cool being married to the Doritos Queen. We'll have to figure out how I can play you and the others in Call to Duty from here in the states! Once I set it up we'll try and figure it out. Today is our annual crawfish boil at Nates (12:00 CST). My guess is I'll be in the BR by 3:30. Too much spice my friend. Well I'll email soon. Take care this week and do great things.

Will

Barb's Mindless "Meanderings" said...

Hola mi Sobrino!
I can't believe you used that AWFUL picture! Nice slippers - awful "puss!" lol
For whatever reason, your blog link didn't come thru with your original post, but your Mom made sure that I now have it! Gotta love my ISP!
Also glad that you learned how to download pics! I expect to see LOTS!
I also use blogspot, so come'on over to mine..... same as my email
Te Amo!
Tia Barbara